A report prepared for the Brackish Water
Shrimp and Milkfish Culture Research and Development Project
Consultant (Fish Feeds)
This is one of a series of reports prepared during the course of the UNDP project identified on the title page.
The conclusions and recommendations given in the report are those considered appropriate at the time of its preparation. They may be modified in the light of further knowledge gained at subsequent stages of the project.
The designations employed and the presentation of the material in this document do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the United Nations or the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations concerning the legal or constitutional status of any country, territory or sea area, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers.
FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS
Hyperlinks to non-FAO Internet sites do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-FAO sites is to indicate further information available on related topics.
This electronic document has been scanned using optical character recognition (OCR) software. FAO declines all responsibility for any discrepancies that may exist between the present document and its original printed version.
1.1 Terms of Reference
2. FORMULATION AND PREPARATION OF FEEDS FOR MILKFISH AND SHRIMP CULTURE USING LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS
3. BIOLOGICAL DATA
3.1 Milkfish in Plastic Pools
3.2 Milkfish in Tambaks
3.3 Shrimp in Tanks
4. PROCESSING SPECIFICATIONS
5. EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
6. CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Appendix 1 LIST OF MAJOR FEED INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE IN THE NORTH CENTRAL JAVA AREA
Appendix 2 COST OF SEVERAL SPECIES OF FISHES AROUND JEPARA (1974)
1. Feed Formulas Made Into Pellets By Food-Chopper, Sun-Drying Method
2. Formulas of Feed Prepared by Wetting Ingredients, Extruding Through a Feed Chopper and Sun-Drying
3. Formula of Fish Feed Made into a Soft Sticky Cake
4. Formula of a Production Feed for Milkfish Stocked in a 0.2 ha Tambak
5. Growth of Milkfish in Plastic Pools