Field Document 2
AQUACULTURE DEVELOPMENT IN GREEK LAGOONS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A report prepared for the project
Development of Marine and Inland Aquaculture in Greece
This report was prepared during the course of the project identified on the title page. The conclusions and recommendations given in the report are those considered appropriate at the time of its preparation. They may be modified in the light of further knowledge gained at subsequent stages of the project.
The designations employed and the presentation of the material in this document do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the United Nations or the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations concerning the legal or constitutional status of any country, territory or sea area, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers.
FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS
Hyperlinks to non-FAO Internet sites do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-FAO sites is to indicate further information available on related topics.
This electronic document has been scanned using optical character recognition (OCR) software. FAO declines all responsibility for any discrepancies that may exist between the present document and its original printed version.
1. INTRODUCTION AND TERMS OF REFERENCE
2.1 First Law
2.2 Second Law
2.3 Third Law
Appendix 1: Contribution to the Ecological Study of the Northern Lagoons of the Gulf of Amvrakikos (Greece)
1. Biological zones defining the degree of confinement in the Mediterranean model of the paralic ecosystem. Quantities of benthos and phytoplankton in relation to degree of confinement
2. Specific richness, density, biomass and production in relation to zonation in lagoons
3. The biological zonation as an indicator for the determination of potentialities in lagoonal ecosystems for different types of aquaculture
4. Schematic bathymetric map of Messolonghi lagoonal area
5. Salinity (0/00) of bottom waters in Messolonghi lagoonal area
6. Dissolved oxygen content (ml/l of bottom waters in Messolonghi lagoonal area
7. Sediments in Messolonghi lagoonal area
8. Map of confinement zones in Messolonghi lagoonal area
9. Map of phytoplankton biomass
10. Principle for extensive aquaculture improvement of Messolonghi area
11. Map of confinement zones in Kyparissi lagoonal area
12. Propositions for aquaculture management of Kyparissi lagoonal area