1. FAO (1990, 1993). Production Yearbook, nos 44 and 47, and FAO On-line statistical data base, http://apps.fao.org/
2. Steele, P.E. (1997), Coconut industries development and the importance of technical innovation, Technical Seminar, Allepey, December.
3. van Dam, J.E.G., G.E.T. van Vilsteren, F.H.A. Zomers, I.T. Hamilton and B.Shannon. (1994). Industrial Fibre Crops. Study on increased application of domestically produced plant fibres in textiles, pulp and paper production and composite materials. European Commission: (EC DGXII - EUR 16101 EN).
4. Chand, V. (1995). Market development and promotion of selected coconut husk products from India and Sri Lanka. Report of CFC Project ITC/DPMD/95/257.
5. van Dam, J.E.G. (1997) Prospects for coir technology and market developments. Proc. 34th COCOTECH meeting, 14-18 July, Manila, Philippines, p 110-119; idem - Coir News 26,8,21-28
6. Hoefnagels, F., V.P.A. de Lange, E.M. Matser and P.E. Wittebol. (1994). Coir fibre geotextiles and thermal insulation material; synergism of environmental protection and development cooperation. CREM report for the Dutch Ministry of Housing, Physical planning and the Environment (VROM), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
7. Stichting, R.H.P. (1999). Chemical standards for coir products. Stichting R.H.P., PO Box 98, 2670 AB Naaltwijk, The Netherlands.
8. UNCTAD/WTO ITC. (1999). Product and market development of high-value added coir products, with special reference to rubberized coir and coir geotextiles. Common Fund for Commodities, Technical Paper no. 2.
9. Woodroof, J.G. (1970). Coconuts: production, processing and products. AVI, Westport, CN.
10. Child, R. (1964). Coconuts. Longmans, London.
11. Fremond, Y., and U.R. Ziller. (1966). Le cocotier. Maisonneuve and Laroze, Paris.
12. Menon, K.P.V. and K.M. Pandalai. (1958). The coconut palm: a monograph. Indian Central Coconut Committee, Ernakulam.
13. V. Umayorubhagan, G.M.I. Albert and C.I.S Ray. 1995. Physico-chemical analysis of the water of Pottakulam Lake at Thengapattanam in Kanyakumari district (Tamil Nadu). Asian J. Chem Rev. 6 (1995) 7-12.
14. S.B. Nandan and P.K. Abdul Azis. Benthic polychaetes in anoxic sulfide biomes of the retting zones in the Kadinamkulam Kayal. Int. J. Environm. Stud. 47. (1995) 257-267.
15. Abbasi, S.A.and P.C. Nipaney, (1993). Environmental impact of retting of coconut husk and directions for the development of alternative retting technology. Pollut. Res. 12. 117-118.
16. W. Banks and F.J. Hall. (1964) Process for decortication of coconuts. Br. patent no. 29249.
17. Ravindranath, A.D. and U.S. Sarma. a) (1995). Bioinoculants for coir retting, CORD 11 34-38; b) (1993). Bioinoculant treatment of unretted coir fibre for quality improvement COIR 37.
18. C. Felby, L.S. Pedersen and B.R. Nielsen. Enhanced auto-adhesion of wood fibres using phenol oxidases. Holzforschung 51. (1997) 281-286.
19. Ohler, J.G. (1984). Coconut, tree of life. FAO Plant Production and Protection paper no. 57. p 347.
20. Institute ATO bv: Data chemical analysis.
21. Lewin, M. and E.M. Pearce. (Eds). (1985). Fibre Chemistry: Handbook of fibre science and technology. Vol. 4, Marcel Dekker Inc.
22. Kirby, R.H. (1963). Vegetable Fibres. World Crops Books, Leonard Hill Ltd, London UK.
23. Carlton, W. and D.W. Reeve. (1996). Pulp Bleaching, principles and practice.
24. Anto, I.R., T. Ravindran, P.K. Ravi, M. Kumaraswamy Pillai and U.S. Sarma. (1997). Investigations in bleaching of Coir. Workshop on wet processing of coir, Alleppey, December, 28-47.
25. Bailey, C.W. and C.W. Dence. (1966) Peroxide bleaching of chemical pulps. TAPPI J. 49, 1, 9.
26. Pandey, S.N. (1992). Colourage, 9, p 57-61.
27. Ravindranath, A.D., and U.S. Sarma. (1998). Personal communication.
28. Pedersen, L., D.D. Elm, A.M. Nissen and P.P. Choma. (1991). Proc. Int. Chlorine-free bleaching conference, Stockholm, 2, 107.
29. van Dam, J.E.G. (1999). Environmentally safe bleaching and dyeing technologies of coir fibres and yarns for diversified markets. Coir News, 28, 2. 11-13.
30. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, US Department of Labour, OSHA Directives, CPL. 2-2.27.
31. Mohan, K.G., P.C. Antonel Vaz, J. Sunil Dath, A. Radhakrishnan, V.A. Sebastian and U.S. Sarma. (1997). Techniques of dyeing coir materials. Workshop on wet processing of coir, Alleppey. December. 58-81.
32. Anto, I.R., P.K. Ravi and U.S. Sarma. (1997). Studies on imparting Softness to Coir yarns. Workshop on wet processing of coir, Alleppey, December. 1-27/Coir News 27,3,(1998). 19-28
33. A. Radhakrishnan, V.R. George Roy and U.S. Sarma. (1997). Printing of designs on coir materials.Workshop on wet processing of coir, Alleppey. December. 48-57.
34. Anon. (1999). Export of Coir products, (October 1998), COIR News. 28, 2, 33-45.
35. Gosselink, R.J.A., J.C. van der Putten, J.C. van der Kolk, J.E.G. van Dam, and B. de Klerk-Engels. (2000). Vegetable fibre based geotextiles with adjusted durability. IECA annual conference, Palm Springs, USA. February.