COMMITTEE ON FORESTRY
Rome, Italy, 10-14 March 2003
1. Opening of the Session
2. Adoption of the Agenda
3. Election of officers and designation of the Drafting Committee
4. State of the World’s Forests (SOFO 2003 report)
5. The role of the Regional Forestry Commissions in implementing the IPF/IFF proposals for action.
6. Forests and freshwater – issues and options
7. National forest programmes as a mechanism to implement the key outcomes of the WFS:fyl and WSSD.
8. Decisions of FAO Governing Bodies of interest to the Committee
9. The future of forests: implications of the Forestry Outlook Study for Africa.
10. Review of FAO programmes in the forestry sector, including follow-up to the requests and recommendations of the Fifteenth Session of the Committee as well as the Programme Implementation Report
11. Defining work objectives for FAO in key cross-cutting areas identified by countries and the FAO medium-term planning process.
12. Date and place of next Session
13. Adoption of the report
14. Closing of the Session