- Appropriate fish pass should be designed for a sustainable development of cold water fishery
- adequate attention should be given to the conservation of cold water fish to maintain their gene pool
- there should be a legal provision for discouraging illegal methods of fishing, such as the use of chemicals, dynamite, electrofishing and the use of small mesh-sized nets
- expansion of cold water aquaculture will help in reducing emigration of hill people and sustain livelihood of fisher communities
- development of sport fishery will enhance tourism and strengthen local and national income
- fish passage facilities should be incorporated in the hydroproject design at the earliest stage of planning
- provisions in the laws should be made to oblige power companies to pay for the most efficient mitigation measure and to prove its efficiency
- establishment of a regional cold water fish centre in Nepal would help in the conservation and development of cold water fishery in the Trans-Himalayan region.
Beveridge, M.C.M. and M.J. Phillips, 1988. Aquaculture in reservoirs. In: Proceedings of a Workshop on Reservoir Fishery Management in Asia (S.S. De Silva, ed.): 234-243. IDRC, Ottawa..
EIA-Bheri-Babai, 1999. Environment Impact Assessment Stage - 1, Baseline Report of Bheri-Babai Hydroelectric Project. By New Era/Nippon Koei/JICA, December.
EIA-Budhi Ganga, 1998. Medium Hydropower Study Project (MHSP) of Budhi Ganga (BG - O) Hydropower Project Vol. 1 & 2. Main Volume by METCON Consultants Pvt. Ltd., November.
EIA-Dudh Koshi, 1998. Project Preparation and Studies Directorate, Projects Preparation Department, Medium Hydropower Study Project of Dudh Koshi Hydroelectric Project, NEA. EIA Volumes 1-4, CIWEC. Kathmandu, August.
EIA-Ilam, 1994. NEA, Engineering Directorate, Medium Projects Development Department, EIA-Ilam Hydroelectric Project, Environment Division, NEA. Kathmandu, October.
EIA-Kali Gandaki 'A', 1996. Kali Gandaki 'A' Hydro-Electric Project Detailed Design, EIA, Vol.1. Report by HMG Nepal, Nepal Electricity Authority, with ADB, UNDP and Finish International Agency, Kali Gandaki 'A' Associates, Morrison Knudsen Corp., USA, Norconsult Int'l., Norway IVO International Ltd. Finland, February.
EIA-Kulekhani, 1997. NEA, Project Preparation and Studies Directorate, Environment Division Kulekhani - III, EIA Study - Final Report by METCON Consultants Pvt. Ltd. In association with: INSEEN. Nepal, March.
EIA-Likhu, 1998. Likhu - IV Hydro-Electric Project EIA Report Vol.-1, in joint venture of ITECO Nepal (P) Ltd & Shah Consult International (P) Ltd. Integrated Research Application and Development (P) Ltd. Kathmandu, November.
EIA-Melamchi, 1999. Melamchi Diversion Scheme (MDS), Environmental Impact Assessment Report (Preliminary Draft) by IUCN, Nepal, and METCON Consultants. July.
EIA-Tamur, 1998. NEA Medium Hydropower Study Project. EIA Report of Fisheries Baseline and Impact Assessment, Tamur Hydropower Project by Canadian International Water Energy Consultant (CIWEC). July.
EIA-West Seti, 2000. West Seti Hydroelectric Project, Aquaculture Ecology of the Seti River. SMEC International Pvt. Ltd. Cooma, NSW, Australia.
EIA - Upper Karnali Medium Hydropower Study Project, 1997. NEA, EIA Internal Draft of Upper Karnali Hydropower Project, Vol. 3 of 4: Fisheries Baseline and Impact Assessment. Kathmandu, August.
FDD, 1998. Annual Progress Report (1998/99), Fisheries Development Division, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Helland-Hansen, E., T. Holtedahl and K.A. Liye, 1995. Enviromental Effects. Vol. 3. Hydropower Development. Norwegian Institute of Technology.
HMG, 1993. National Guidelines for EIA (Environment Impact Assessment) of Hydro-Electric Projects. HMG, Nepal.
Pradhan, B.R. and D. Swar, 1988. Limnology and fishery potential of the Indrasarovar Reservoir Kulekhani, Nepal. In: Proceedings of a Workshop on Reservoir Fishery Management in Asia (S.S. De Silva, ed.): 87-93. IDRC, Ottawa.
Sharma, C.K., 1997. A Treatise on Water Resources of Nepal. Published by: Ms. Sangeeta Sharma, Bishal Nagar, Kathmandu, Nepal. 493 p.
Shrestha, J., 1997. Enumeration of the fishes of Nepal. Biodiversity profil project. HMG/N and Government of Netherlands Enroconsults, Arnhem, The Netherlands.
Shrestha, T.K., 1997. Status, Ecology and Behavior of Fishes of Arun River (Nepal). In: Recent Advances in Fish Ecology, Limnology and Eco-conservation (S. Nath, ed.), III: 1-26.
Swar, D., 1992. Effect of impoundment on the indigenous fish population in Indrasarovar Reservoir, Nepal. In: Reservoir Fishing Management in Asia (S. S. De Silva, ed.): 111-118. IDRC, Ottawa.
Yearly Progress, 2055/56. Limnobiological/Biological Study of Sunkoshi River. In: Yearly Progress Report of Inland Aquaculture Fisheries Section Balaju. Kathmandu.