Animal Genetic Resources (AnGR)
7th Session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working Group on Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (2012)
The 7th Session of the Intergovernmental Technical Working Group on Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture is being held at FAO headquarters, to review the implementation of the Global Plan of Action for Animal Genetic Resources.
[How to download the player software]
25 October 2012
Animal genetic resources crucial for food and agriculture. Towards a better conservation of indigenous breeds for food security.
- MP3: 2min28sec
- Joseph L.N. Sikosana, Director of Livestock Research, Zimbabwe
- MP3: 4min30sec
- Baitsi Podisi, Principal Research Officer, Department of Agricultural Research, Botswana
- MP3: 3min19sec
- Tiria Rere, Head of Livestock Division, Cook Islands
- MP3: 4min26sec
- Kalaya Boonyanuwat, National Coordinator for Animal Genetic Resources, Department of Livestock Development, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand
- MP3: 5min16sec
- Ilse Köhler Rollefson, League for Pastoral People and Indigenous Livestock Development, author of Invisible Guardians on the role of women in developing and maintaining animal genetic resources.
- MP3: 7min32sec
- Teresa Agüero, Oficina de Estudios y Políticas Agrarias, Ministerio de Agricultura, Chile
- MP3: 4min.13sec
- Badi Besbes, Oficial de Recursos Genéticos, FAO, sobre el manejo sostenible de los recursos zoogenéticos mundiales
- MP3: 6min.2sec
- Alizée Sauron, Division des ressources zoogénétiques, FAO, nous parle de la stratégie de financement pour la mise en œuvre du Plan d’action mondial pour les ressources zoogénétiques
22 October 2012
Preserving livestock genetic diversity for future generations. 22 percent of breeds at risk of extinction.
- MP3: 2min39sec
- Beate Berger, National Coordinator for Animal Genetic Resources, Federal Institute for Agricultural Research and Education, Austria, on the EU’s role in the preservation of animal genetic resources
- MP3: 3min06sec
- Paul Boettcher, Animal Genetic Resources Officer, FAO, on the conservation of animal genetic resources