In FAO, Joelle achieved the following outcomes (in addition to writing her Master thesis on agricultural labour institutions):
• She updated the SARD-Initiative database and worked on the creation and maintenance of the SARD-Initiative mailing lists.
• She was in charge of the elaboration and publication of the document called “Civil Society and Government contributions to the SARD-Initiative” (available in 3 languages on this site).
• She provided logistical support to the COAG Side Event on Civil Society and SARD.
• She helped to design an organisational diagram for the FAO-SARD structure and participated in the FAO Interdepartmental Task Force on SARD meeting.
• She assisted in the preparation of the FAO-SARD website, including translations. Later, she prepared the website updates from April 2005 to July 2005.
• She linked up with the FAO CA-SARD project, prepared a webpage for the CA-SARD project and participated in the retreat on the preparation of the III WCCA.
• She ensured the recruitment of the next volunteer.
• She assisted in any other upcoming tasks such as Power Point presentations (including for the ICARRD presentation during Council 2005, SARD Initiative presentations, etc), general communication with Major Groups, technical review of internal documents, etc.
Joelle is currently working as an intern for the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements in Bonn, Germany.