NERC-32: For a resilient and food secure region
Rome, 24 - 28 February 2014
FAO Regional Conferences are an official forum where ministers of agriculture and high officials of Member States from the same geographic region meet to elaborate, beyond the borders of the individual countries, on challenges and priority matters related to food and agriculture, with a view of promoting regional coherence on global policies and political issues.
Being the highest governing body of the Organization at regional level, Regional conferences are essential for ensuring the effectiveness of the FAO regional work in the service of Member States but also in the definition of its priority areas of work for the following biennium.
The Thirty-second FAO Regional Conference (NERC-32) for the Near East will be held in the Red Room at FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy, from 24 to 28 February 2014. The Conference will start with a three-day meeting for Senior Officers from 24 to 26 February, followed by a Ministerial Meeting on 27 and 28 February.
Provisional Agenda [PDF]
Twitter hashtag: #nerc32
- 28 February 2014, Rome - Near East and North Africa countries pledge enhanced cooperation on hunger and nutrition
- 27 February 2014, Rome - Conflict and migration worsening food security in the Near East
- 25 February 2014, Rome - Tackling food losses and waste in the Near East and North Africa
- 24 February 2014, Rome - Complex causes underpin undernourishment and malnutrition in the Near East and North Africa
- 20 February 2014, Rome - Impact of water scarcity on food security a priority for Near East and North Africa meeting
Accreditation will be possible at the main FAO entrance kiosk (above Circo Massimo metro exit) starting from 09:00 CEST. A valid press card or a letter of assignment on company stationery plus valid picture ID are required.
FAO media office, (+39) 06 570 53625, FAO-Newsroom@fao.org
Please note that the Inaugural Ceremony of the Ministerial Meeting is open to the media.