Call for extended abstracts
The Organizing Committee of the Global Symposium on Soil Organic Carbon (GSOC17) invites interested colleagues to submit extended abstracts to be considered for oral presentations during this symposium. Please note that all abstracts will be reviewed by the GSOC17 Scientific Committee and, due to the nature of this symposium, a limited number of outstanding abstracts will be selected for oral presentations.
The extended abstracts should focus on one of the following GSOC17 Themes:
- Measuring, mapping, monitoring and reporting SOC;
- Maintaining and/or increasing SOC stocks (fostering SOC sequestration) for climate change mitigation and adaptation, and Land Degradation Neutrality;
- Managing SOC in soils with a) high SOC - peatlands, permafrost, and black soils b) grasslands, and livestock production systems and c) in dryland soils.
The Scientific Committee will assess the submitted abstracts based on the following criteria:
- Innovative nature and contribution to the objectives of GSOC17;
- Quality of methodology and analytical rigor;
- Policy relevance;
- Relevance for application or scale up of the results.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified via email by 15 February 2017 and details for oral presentations will be provided.