109.6 Plant Production & Protection
Full Version |
Previous Chapter | Next
Chapter | Abbreviated Outline
.63 Office of the Director
- Advises the Assistant Director-General, AG, regional and
sub-regional representatives in matters relating to the Division's
fields of activity.
- Ensures liaison and coordination with, and supplies
information, guidelines and support to FAO Members, UN and
specialized agencies, other global, regional and national bodies
and various segments of the Organization, including regional and
- Exercises overall management responsibility including
planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of the
approved Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) in the Division's
field of competence. Provides budgetary and administrative
oversight, supervising staff, and coordination with other
concerned units of FAO.
- Coordinates the planning of the programme of work and ensures
its technical quality and implementation through staff and
non-staff resources at all locations (Headquarters and
- Ensures the appraisal of field projects, the identification of
programmes and projects in collaboration with its decentralized
structures, and the provision of specialized support, on request
from TC Department, in the formulation or implementation of
projects, preferably through its decentralized structures. It
also ensures the technical quality of the Field Programme to an
acceptable standard, through the appraisal of project documents
and clearance of technical and terminal reports. Provides
technical support to the WFP projects, if applicable.
- Develops and provides technical guidance and support to
special action programmes.
- Provides advice, assistance and support to governmental
policies and strategies in collaboration with the Policy
Assistance Division (TCA) and the regional policy assistance
- Provides leadership, coordination or assistance, as required,
to UN and specialized agencies, and other global, regional and
national bodies in its fields of activity.
- Promotes and coordinates actions in the divisional fields of
activity through collaboration efforts including Technical
Cooperation among Developing Countries (TCDC).
- Represents the Organization at technical and inter-agency
meetings in the Division's fields of activity.