D. G. Cameron was born in Gunnedah, New South Wales, Australia,
and received his B.Sc. Agr. from the University of Sydney. From 1950 to
1962 he worked as an agrostologist for the New South Wales Soil Conservation
Service. From 1962 to 1988 he was a pasture research officer of the
Queensland Department of Primary Industries retiring in 1988 as Assistant
Director of Pasture Management. His speciality was species evaluation,
especially pasture legumes, a subject on which he has written widely.
From 1988 to 2000 he operated a small mixed farm of beef cattle and
avocadoes in the Gympie District. Now fully retired he lives at Caloundra
on the Sunshine Coast.