To explain to young people the links between their behaviour and
their environment and how Natural Resources (with emphasis on Grassland)
should be used sustainably. An illustrated story makes learning and
teaching more attractive and easy.
- To explore links between peoples activities and the natural
resources of their region
- To help young people appreciate their own environment
- To help them become actively responsible for it
- To enable them to protect and improve productivity of their land
- To encourage them to share what they learn with their communities
All booklets are prepared in collaboration with an international
institution, and AGPC and other FAO Divisions provide technical content.
Booklets are carefully illustrated using local landscapes, animals,
vegetation; and peoples features, dresses, housing and social
behaviour are described under the supervision of local teachers and
Before printing the final version booklets go through a careful field
test (this means they are used by teachers over a two month period)
and comments and feed back are incorporated into final version.