INFPD-FAO e-Consultation on Strategic interventions for Family Poultry in Developing Countries – 28th May – 15th June, 2012
For the last twenty years, the International Network for Family Poultry Development (INFPD) has provided sound information and advice to small-scale poultry farmers with the aim of promoting sustainable high productivity within the family poultry sub-sector. In preparation for the UN International Year of Family Farming (2014) and other important activities, INFPD in cooperation with FAO is now pleased to announce its third e-conference with the title “Strategic interventions for Family Poultry- What can be achieved through Research & Development activities”.
The e-conference is scheduled from May 28th through June 15th, 2012, and will explore issues beyond the conference title:
- 1. The contribution of research to the development of family poultry production systems.
- 2. The development for livelihoods through family poultry — cost and opportunities.
- 3. Competing or complementing commercial poultry production systems?
- 4. Single versus multiple (integrated) interventions for sustainable development of family poultry.
- 5. Good organizational models for sustainable family poultry development.
- 6. Women empowerment through sustainable family poultry development.
- 7. Influencing policy for family poultry.
- 8. The future contribution of INFPD and other networks to family poultry development.
The language of the e-conference will be English and French. The Conference Moderators are:
Prof. E. B. Sonaiya, Dept. of Animal Science, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria;
Mr. G. De’ Besi, Livestock Production Systems Branch (AGAS), FAO, Rome, Italy.