The Sessions of the Commission are organised to provide Member Countries, with review progress made in rice research, development, arising issues, and challenges in matters relating to the production, conservation, distribution and consumption of rice for reorienting their respective national programmes. During the Sessions, the Constitution and the work programme of the Commission are also reviewed and recommendations for amendments and adjustments are provided to make the work of the Commission relevant to changes in world rice production, conservation, distribution and consumption.
A total of 22 Sessions were organized since the establishment of the Commission. The 22nd Session was held in Rome Italy on 29-30 November 2012 with the main objective to take a decision on the future of the Commission.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
New Delhi, India
Freetown, Sierra Leone
Selected Meeting and Expert Consultation since 2000
- Organization of the Expert Consultation on “Yield Gap and Productivity Decline in Rice Production” held in Rome on 5-7 September 2000
- Workshop on Rice Agronomy held in Edirne, Turkey in 2000.
- Regional Workshop on Participatory Evaluation, Adaption and Transfer of Integrated Crop Management Technologies for Integrated Rice Production System in West Africa, Saint-Louise, Senegal, 2-4 April 2001
- Workshop on Rice Breeding, held in Krasnodar, Russia in 2001
- Workshop on Policy Support for Rapid Adoption of Hybrid Rice on Large-scale Production in Asia” in Hanoi, Viet Nam from 22 to 23 May 2001
- Workshop on Ricecheck, 18-19 February 2003, Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
- Consultation Workshop on Rice Integrated Crop Management Systems – Ricecheck Methodology for Food Security, Livelihood Improvement and Environmental Conservation, 28/2 to 2/3, 2005, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- International Rice Conference, 5 to 9 September 2006, Krasnodar, Russia
- Global Roundtable on Rice, 3 to 4 July 2012, Montpellier, France
| || |