The International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS), FAO---ICARDA Cactusnet and the Department of Agricultural and forestry Science of the University of Palermo (IT), jointly with the Department of Science for Nature and Environmental Resources / University of Sassari (IT) and the Italian Society for Horticultural Science (SOI) invite researchers, growers and processing managers to attend the VIII International Cactus pear and Cochineal Symposium. The Symposium will be held in Palermo (Italy) from October 28 to 31, 2013.
The main topics to be discussed are:
- Genetic Resources and Breeding;
- Fruit Production: Ecophysiology, Orchard and postharvest management;
- Forage production and utilization;
- Cochineal breeding and utilization;
- Agroindustrial and Pharmaceutical uses;
- Pitayas or pitahayas;
- Economy & Marketing.
For further details, please see the 'First announcement' and the respective website.