The general objective of the meeting and seminar is to enhance the participants’ understanding of purpose and confirm activities of the project.
Specific objectives are as follows:
- To share country experience in seed production, certification and trades
- To discuss operational work plan for implementation of the project, and agree on the work plan for the initial year (- December 2017)
- To identify issues and challenges
- To have better understanding of main areas of the international seed testing situation including activities of the International Seed Test Association (ISTA)
- To share the information on the latest draft ISPM on ‘International movement of seeds’
- To understand efforts and challenges of the seed industry to reduce pest risk in seed production and transaction through visit to facility and laboratory of a seed industry