- Gain an understanding of the larger changes taking place at global, regional and national levels and how these will impact forests and forestry in the coming decades;
- Understand the future scenarios for sustainable forest management in the Asia-Pacific region, particularly focusing on related policies, institutions and science and technology giving due attention to poverty reduction;
- Learn how innovations in governance and technology are helping to address poverty reduction;
- Examine options to capture the full potential of forestry to reduce poverty and enhance its contribution to rural livelihoods in the context of climate change and SDGs; and
- Fine-tune the policy analysis skills of forestry professionals, enabling them to better understand the larger changes in society and to enhance the effectiveness of interventions that could significantly improve the contribution of forests to poverty reduction.
Please click here for more information about this course.