VISION: To be the leading source of administrative guidance and support for FAO operations, technical groups, projects and initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region as well as to contribute to the Organization's objectives by helping these groups operate efficiently, effectively and transparently.
MISSION: To provide innovative, efficient support to management and staff while ensuring compliance with FAO rules and regulations and transparency in their application.
The Administration group, in consultation with headquarters support units as required, provides guidance to staff members on how to apply the Organization’s administrative rules, regulations and guidelines. The group maintains administrative and financial records using corporate financial systems for Regular Programme activities and projects.
The group also offers general administrative and logistical support for:
- Staff and non-staff travel as well as protocol and visa actions initiated in the region;
- Office maintenance, procurement, inventory control, and purchasing;
- Security, library and registry operations;
- Programming and budgeting for the Regional Office, multidisciplinary teams and Subregional Office, including annual work plans, periodic budgetary reports and advice on allotment use and revisions;
- Recruitment and personnel servicing;
- The FAOR network, with administrative support and back-stopping the country offices in the region;
- Information and communication technology services, including computer hardware, software, servers, telephone exchange, mobile computing devices and electronic security and safety equipment; and
The Senior Administrative Officer in RAP is the coordinator of the administration group and monitors and manages the group’s activities and its compliance with regulatory matters. The group also contains the Bangkok hub of the Shared Services Centre dealing with personnel matters and travel. Other group members are the Budget and Finance Officer, the Human Resources Officer and the Programme and Planning Officer.