The objectives of the expert meeting are;
- To enable information exchange and knowledge sharing to improve investments in agriculture and natural resources management in the context of climate change.
- To identify priority thematic areas that are relevant to introduce innovation and adaptation in investments in agriculture and natural resourses management.
- To discuss/propose specific options for mainstreaming mitigation and adaptation strategies into investments in agriculture and natural resources management.
Concept note and agenda
Session 3: Working group
Assessing the Sectoral Impact of Climate Change and Emerging Solutions: Managing Uncertainty
- Fisheries, aquaculture, competitiveness and sustainability
- Forest management, forestry, and land use planning
- Dry land farming, soil fertility, productivity, innovation and research
- Irrigated agriculture, water management, and food security
- Livestock, rangeland management, and food safety
Session 7: Working group
What are the relevant approaches and experiences to design climate change oriented investment in the context of the respective ecosystems and deliver results?