The workshop has the following objectives:
- To strengthen knowledge on the need to develop he evidence base through sex-disaggregated data to support equitable and more effective agricultural policies that would result in improved agricultural productivity.
- To emphasis the significance of sex-disaggregated data for understanding and addressing gender and social inequities that may constrain agricultural productivity.
- To provide participants with improved methods on the production and analysis of sex-disaggregated data.
- To engage the participants with strategies to strengthen the generation and analysis of reliable and regular sex-disaggregated data.
- To ensure accountability in the generation of sex-disaggregated data through support to collection, analysis, monitoring, follow-up, and reporting of sex-disaggregated data, and to ensure their use in national policies.
- To strengthen the pool of potential resource-persons for producing gender and agriculture statistics.
- To promote interdisciplinary as well as international collaboration in the production and use of gender-sensitive agricultural statistics.
Welcome and opening remarks by Mr Hiroyuki Konuma, Assistant Director General and FAO Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific
Understanding Gender Concepts and Issues
Women in agriculture : Closing the gender gap for development
Gender issues in Southeast Asia
Sex Disaggregated Data (SDD) and policy
Overview of the FAO Gender and Agricultural Statistics Framework (GASF)
Gender in the WCA 2010: Concepts of sub-holding and sub-holder
Handouts for Day 1
Review of day 1
Gender in the Agriculture and Rural Sector
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
IPC Asia regional project overview and value-added
Communication in the survey process: Role-play exercise
Handouts for day 2
Review of day 2
The FAO Gender and Agricultural Statistics Framework (GASF)
Food and nutrition indicators by gender: Indonesia case
Tool for generating and analyzing SDD: The Agri-gender toolkit
Gender indicators: An overview
Handouts for day 3
Review of day 3
Land use of China by sex of household head
Gender retabulation in agriculture in Cambodia and Lao PDR
Labour force Survey 2011 Agriculture Sector: Malaysia
Men and women in agriculture: Gender issues in the agricultural sector
Gender retabulation in agriculture in Viet Nam
Handouts for day 4
List of participants