You will understand the concept and need for Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM), and acquire skills and knowledge to develop, implement and monitor an “EAFM plan” to better manage capture fisheries.
This is a five-day course:
- Day 1: To understand what EAFM is and why we should use it
- Day 2: To understand what moving towards EAFM entails
- Day 3: To work through the EAFM planning process
- Day 4: To work through implementing EAFM plans
- Day 5: To present and receive feedback on group EAFM plans.
Essential EAFM Course in a nutshell
Essential EAFM Course Objectives
Essential EAFM Course Timetable