Considering the above background and rationale, an expert meeting will be convened from 20 to 21 August 2013 at FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific with the following objectives.
- To deliberate on the scope and framework for a regional aquaculture planning and management toolkit
- Considering the regional needs and practical application issues, decide on the key planning and management tools that should be included in the regional tool kit
- To develop a model template for individual tools
- To elaborate on individual tools and develop a detailed structure for each of the identified tools to be included in the toolkit
- To agree on work plan, timelines and arrangement for completion of the regional toolkit