06 Mar 2008 -- Making e-Agriculture Work through Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Asia FORUM 10-28 March 2008
You are invited to join a special online forum starting 10 March 2008. Participants from all over Asia representing government, private sector, NGOs, community outreach groups and others will be involved. The international community wants to hear your suggestions and solutions to overcome the challenges and focus on bringing practical solutions. Areas which will be explored include: The scope of Public Private Partnerships to implement e-Agriculture successfully; Understanding the major and common constraints in PPP based on past experiences and current practices; Suggestions and solutions to overcome the challenges and focus on bringing practical solutions; and the roles of stakeholders: government, private sector, and others.
Sponsored by Katalyst and FAO. Moderated by Katalyst, a multi-donor funded market development project implemented by Swisscontact, the Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation and co-implemented by GTZ-International Services. A Global Knowledge Partnership Event. This Forum is a lead up to the e-Agriculture INDIA 2008 Conference (New Dehli, India, 29-31 July 2008), the IAALD Congress and other important events.
Subject Matter experts:
- M. Asaduzzaman, Research Director, Agriculture and Rural Development, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), Bangladesh
- Amit Dasgupta, General Manager, IBM Global Services India
- Philip DesAutels, Academic Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
- Noel Magor, Head, IRRI Training Center
- Naimur Rahman, Director, OneWorld South Asia
- Sunit Shrestha, Director, TNR Institute, Thailand
- Manish Pandey, Deputy General Manager of Katalyst, Bangladesh
- Michael Riggs, Information Management Specialist, FAO
- Charlotte Masiello-Riome, World Summit on the Information Society Communications Focal Point, e-agriculture and e-agriculture.org Coordinator
We invite you to participate in this important forum. To register, visit http://www.e-agriculture.org/regform.html
More information at: