04 Sep 2013 -- Announcement of the Photo Contest On “Sustainable Food Systems for Better Life of Vietnamese People”
In Viet Nam, the new policy on “agriculture- farmer-rural development” (Tam Nong) is working to enhance the quality of lives, including achieving food and nutrition for all.
Food systems play an important role in food security and in rural development. Food systems include the entire chain of activities related to how we grow, process, package, transport, store, market, purchase and eat our food.
We believe it is possible to have a sustainable food system without harming the environment, and securing fair return to small holder farmers for their efforts. But the food systems will have to change for the better.
By eating nutritious food and reducing the amount of waste we create, we can help make our food systems more sustainable. Food systems connect us all. Let’s be part of a worldwide change that leads to a healthy future – for ourselves and for our planet.
About the Contest
The photo contest “Sustainable Food Systems for better life of Vietnamese people” is organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Vietnam.
The Contest is open to everyone: students, teachers, journalists, photographers, UN staff and others
Entries need to be received at FAO by 30th September 2013. Participants should provide personal data information (Name, Address, Occupation, Contact Number) and submit together with photos via email to Ms Vu Ngoc Diep at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos should be digital, in JPG format with a minimum of 2MB file size and 2000 pixels. Each participant should submit at least 3 photos and not more than 10 photos and each being clearly marked with captions.
• Three winners will be selected and announced at the World Food Day 2013 Ceremony on 16 October 2013.
• A Medal and certificate of recognition signed by FAO Representative in Vietnam will be presented to the winners.
• Winner's photos will be selected to publish in FAO Vietnam Publications
Copyrights, privacy and other conditions:
• FAO Vietnam retains the copyright on all photos submitted.
• Upon publication of the photo, only the first initial, full family name will be published. No other personal information about the contestants will be published or shared.