PARTICIPANTSInvited participants will include scientific experts in avian and human influenza; technical experts involved in the implementation of prevention and control programmes, as well as representatives of international and regional organizations, national governments and selected practitioners.
The meeting will draw substantially from their ongoing activities in a range of key countries, multi-disciplinary work, program evaluations, and reviews of interventions. The total number of participants at the meeting will be around 70-100 persons. Invited participants include:
- Main implementing agenciesí technical specialists from HQ, and where relevant regional and key country offices will attend. Key agencies represented: FAO, WHO, OIE, UNSIC, UNICEF, WFP, OCHA, UNDP, PIC
- Regional bodies such as: ASEAN, SAARC, PAHO, IBAR
- Senior technical specialists from funding agencies ande countries
- Chief veterinary officers or other high level technical officers from around 15 key countries covering all global regions
- Independent technical specialists on epidemiology, diagnostic laboratories, veterinary systems, farming systems and livelihoods, institutions and programming
- Private sector and NGO representatives