Rules of the Forum:
In order to maximise the effectiveness of the Forum, each e-mail conference will have a moderator, who will screen all messages before they are posted to make sure they follow the basic rules of the Forum and are relevant to the subject of the given conference. This is in no way to limit the views expressed by participants. We encourage and welcome a diversity of views, and we want you to speak your mind. As you do, however, we expect that you will follow some very simple rules.
Your participation in the Forum and its e-mail conferences is contingent upon and constitutes your acceptance of the Rules that follow:
For purposes of these Rules, each person participating in the Forum, whether simply reading materials posted, reports generated etc., or posting any material or any link to any material, shall hereinafter be referred to as a "Participant". Similarly, FAO, and any eventual partners, shall hereinafter be referred to as ''Sponsors''.
1. Personal Identification: Each Participant should include his/her name and country of residence in any message posted to a discussion. A Participant should never represent him/herself as another person.
2. Conduct: Participants may not post libellous or defamatory messages or materials, or links to such materials. Participants may not post messages or materials, or links to the same, that are obscene, violent, abusive, threatening, or designed to harass or intimidate another person or entity.
3. Liability and Responsibility: Each Participant is legally responsible, and solely responsible, for any materials, or links to any materials, that such Participant posts to any Forum e-mail conference. Participants may only post materials that they have the right or permission to distribute electronically. Each Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors of the Forum from any and all liability, damages, costs or expenses, or any claim, action, suit or other proceeding arising out of either any posting that such Participant makes to a Forum e-mail conference or any unauthorised use of material posted to any such conference by such Participant.
4. Accuracy: The FAO and any partners, as Sponsors of the Forum, cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy of any statements made in or materials posted to the Forum e-mail conferences by Participants.
5. Attribution: Regardless of whether they identify the entity by whom they are employed, Participants are assumed to be speaking in their personal capacity unless they explicitly state that their contribution represents the views of their organization. For this reason, Participants should not quote the postings of other Participants as representing the views of the organizations to which those other Participants belong.
6. Intellectual Property Rights and Fair Use: Each Participant retains the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, over any materials, or links to any materials, of such Participant's own creation that such Participant posts to the Forum. However, each Participant authorises other Participants to make personal and customary use of that work, including creating links to or re-posting such materials to other internet discussion sites but not otherwise to reproduce or disseminate those materials unless such Participant gives permission. Each Participant agrees always to identify the source and author of materials downloaded from the Forum if such Participant re-posts them elsewhere. Any FAO materials downloaded from the Forum will only be used outside the Forum if permission has been obtained from the FAO and the FAO is given credit as the source of the material. Additionally, each Participant expressly authorises the Sponsors of the Forum and moderators of Forum e-mail conferences to reference, summarise, quote and disseminate all or part of such Participant's postings to the e-mail conferences in any summary or other document(s) that may be subsequently prepared.
7. Nature of the Forum e-mail Conferences: Each Participant recognises and agrees that the Forum and the Forum e-mail conferences constitute official FAO conferences in accordance with FAO's Constitution and rules and all applicable conventions.
The Sponsors of the Forum and the moderators of Forum e-mail conferences retain the right to refuse to post any message that they consider to be in violation of the above Rules, to publish the messages posted to the Forum in whole or in part and to modify messages posted to the Forum to ensure compliance with the Rules. The Sponsors may deny access to future e-mail conferences to any Participant determined, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, to be in violation of the Rules. The Sponsors also retain the right to make copies of the messages posted to the Forum as part of the normal process of archiving the discussions.