ARCHIVES OF DEBATE, CONFERENCE 3 The appropriateness, significance and application of biotechnology options in the animal agriculture of developing countries
Moderated log files from the email discussions are available here, by subject or by date. They can also be retrieved by email, as well as by month: June July August.
Posted messages by subject :
1. Biotechnology and animal breeding
2. Biotechnology and Developing Countries
3. Re: Biotechnology and animal breeding
4. Animal fiber
5. Views of reproductive technologies in livestock sector
6. Genetic improvement and adult cloning in developing countries
7. Re: Genetic improvement and adult cloning in developing countries
8. Genetic improvement and the livestock sector in developing countries
9. Bridging the "biotech divide"
10. Re: Genetic improvement and adult cloning in developing countries
11. Reproductive biotechnologies // extension // animal health
13. Breeding stations versus farm environment
14. Biotechnologie de la reproduction / Amélioration génétique / Afrique subsaharienne
15. Breeding stations versus farm environment
16. Experiment Station vs. Farm Performance
17. Biotechnology and animal breeding
18. Biotech, environment and socio-economics
19. "Development projects" in developing countries
20. Genotype X nutritional environment interaction
21. AI and ET
22. Reproductive biotechnologies/breed improvement/sub-saharan Africa
23. Holism // functional genomics // transgenics
24. Re: AI and ET
25. DNA technology and vaccines ; foreign breeds
26. Animal nutrition: Manipulation of plants or the rumen to increase livestock productivity ?
27. Re: Animal nutrition: Manipulation of plants or the rumen to increase livestock productivity ?
28. Biotechnology in beef production
29. How best to use biotechnology in developing countries
30. AI service in Sri Lanka
31. Re: How best to use biotechnology in developing countries
32. AI, ET, IVM/IVF, Sexed Embryos in Sri Lanka
33. Reproduction - swamp buffalo - Thailand
34. RE: Reproduction - swamp buffalo - Thailand
35. International cooperation in genetic characterisation of
36. Social Development and Biotechnology // 1-week extension of
37. Re: international cooperation in genetic characterisation of
38. Re: international cooperation in genetic characterisation of livestock
39. Re: international cooperation in genetic characterisation of
40. Responsible use of Biotechnology
41. Technology and development
42. Conservation Biology
43. Genetic conservation // scientists in developing countries
Archives June 2000
Archives July 2000
Summary update 5 from the Moderator, Conference 3 on July 12. At the halfway point of this 2-month long conference, the aim of this Update
is to briefly summarise, in a rough and approximate way, the progress of the
conference so far.
Archives August 2000
The conference closed on August 25. Closing note on Conference 3 from the Moderator, August 28.
All messages posted during the two month-long conference will be stored and can be retrieved. The messages are stored in monthly files. To retrieve them, follow instructions below. The log files will be sent to you in return as a single e-mail message. Note: you must have joined the Forum and subscribed to Conference 3 to access the e-mail archives.
To get all messages posted in the conference during June 2000, send an
e-mail message to email@example.com leaving the subject blank and entering the one-line text message as follows:
Note: lower case letters as shown here, and not upper case letters, must be
used. No other text should be added to the message (e.g., mail signature).
To get the messages posted in the conference during July 2000, do the same
To get the messages posted in the conference during August 2000, do the same