Climate Change Adaptation in Colombia
- Strengthening of barter as an autonomous adaptation measure.
- Farmer Field Schools as a dialogue strategy to exchange and promote traditional knowledge, ownership and dissemination of experiences.
- Strengthening of organizational capacities for sustainability
- Food security parcels and diversification of production systems.
Adaptative land management
- Designation and regulation of indigenous conservation areas
- Protection of water, buffer areas and sources
- Connectivity and continuity of ecosystems
- Seed Savers Network
- Planning and Risk Management
Planning and Risk Management
- Participatory risk analysis for land use planning and Risk Management Plan
- Training for mayors and local councils in indigenous guards on risks associated with climate change
- Landscape engineering with local materials for prevention of risks in critical areas
- Climate monitoring, water and building of early warning systems
- Decreased vulnerability and contribution to achieving the MDGs
Reduction of vulnerability and contribution to the achievement of the MDGs
- Access systems and storage of water for human consumption and production
- Training in administration, management, use and conservation of water
- Awareness raising in schools on water and climate change
- Demonstrations to improve housing conditions in a healthy environment
last updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013