Mitigation of Climate Change in Agriculture (MICCA) Programme
Events on peatlands and climate change mitigation
Photo: Inken PreussFacilitated online discussion:
The MICCA Programme welcomes especially practitioners, land managers, policy makers, entrepreneurs, researchers and civil society actors involved or interested in responsible peatlands management and climate change mitigation within the agriculture and forestry sectors. You can participate directly through your computer. Enrol now through this link to our web form.
|MICCA Series 9: |
Previous Peatland Webinar: Towards Climate-Responsible Peatlands Management
FAO welcomes everyone interested in responsible peatlands management to take review the recorded webinars and presentation slides below. On October, 2013, MICCA’s Community of Practice on Climate Change Mitigation in Agriculture hosted an online webinar for practitioners, policy makers, entrepreneurs, researchers and civil society organizations.
Presentations and recordings from the webinar
- Introduction of the webinar
- Why peatlands matter in regards of climate change mitigation – Hans Joosten, University of Greifswald: Recording – Presentation slides
- Spatial distribution of GHG emissions from peatlands and assessment of these emissions in the guidelines of IPCC – Riccardo Biancalani, FAO: Recording– Presentation slides
- A review of current and potential climate responsible peatlands management practices – Hans Joosten, University of Greifswald and Closure: Recording – Presentation slides
*Recordings may take a few seconds to load due to heavy content.
More recorded webinars and online learning event from the Community of Practice
Join the Community of Practice to participate
You can participate by joining the Community of practice Peatlands and climate change also through our web form.
Aside from participation in the webinars, discussions can be carried out through participants’ own e-mail account once enrolled in the community and/or on our LinkedIn forum.
See webinars and presentations of our previous learning events:
- Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Gender and climate-smart agriculture
- Tackling climate change through livestock
- Agroforestry, climate change mitigation and food security
- Towards climate responsible peatlands management
- Conservation agriculture for climate change mitigation in agriculture
- Presentation at the UNFCCC Climate Talks in Bonn side event (2013)
- Learning for a post-2020 UNFCCC framework using national mitigation actions for peatlands as pilots
- Wetlands International
- Greifswald University
- IUCN UK
- Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases
- Center for International Forestry Research(CIFOR), Global Environment Centre (GEC)
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- Michael Succow Foundation
- University of Helsinki