To report suspected fraud and corruption
Please report to the Office of the Inspector General (Investigations) (OIG/INV) any instance of suspected fraud and corruption including:
- Unlawful acts related to FAO activities (for example theft, fraud, embezzlement, solicitation/acceptance of bribes or kickbacks, extortion);
- Misrepresentation, forgery, or false certification in connection with any official business;
- Fraud committed to obtain undue financial benefits or entitlements (e.g. fraudulent claims for rental subsidy, education grant, travel, medical insurance);
- Fraud, favoritism, disclosure of confidential bidding information, or misconduct related to contract bids, performance of contract obligations or evaluation;
- Retaliation as defined under the Whistleblower Protection Policy;
- Staff violations of the Standards of Conduct for International Civil Servants
Offenses that should not be reported to this office include:
- Allegations of harassment, (For information on FAO's policy on preventing harassment, see Administrative Circular No. 2007/05.E );
- Complaints arising from working conditions or from an administrative measure or decision.
The more specific the information you provide, the better OIG/INV is able to follow up on your allegation. Please provide as much detail as possible, including the basic information of your allegation --who, what, where, when and how— as well as details such as supporting documents and the names of witnesses if available.
Remember to please let us know how you can be reached for further information or clarification.
For more information regarding your options for remaining anonymous, as well as OIG/INV’s mandate on confidentiality, please refer to OIG/INV’s Guidelines for Internal Investigations or OIG/INV webpage.