This registration is needed to access the Twitter search pages: once you are registered and receive the credentials, you can use those credentials when you click on Twitter Search and related services. If you already received the credentials, you don't need to register again.
Registration and Terms of Service for the Twitter search of the Data LabRead the Terms of Service (ToS) before registering. Once registered, you will receive the credentials to access the service: by using those credentials, you agree to the ToS below.
About the Data Lab Twitter search
This open-access tool developed by the FAO Data Lab gathers and analyses real time information on food value chains (initially, specifically the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on food and agriculture, value chains, food prices, food security and undertaken measures, with the aim of providing countries with facts and information to build their decisions on issues related to COVID-19 and food value chains).
It is important that users be aware that information and data available on the Data Lab are the result of automatic aggregation and analysis, with minimal human control. FAO doesn't have any control of the content that is aggregated.
Terms and Conditions for the Use of the FAO Data Lab Twitter Semantic Search service
In order to use the Twitter Semantic Search (hereafter, the "Twitter Search"), users will need register through the form below.
- Users acknowledge and agree that they:
- will comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws and the Twitter Developer Agreement and Policy;
- are responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of the information that they provide when registering, including any Contact or Personal Data, and cannot enter data for anyone else other than themselves;
- cannot share the data collected;
- cannot create a false identity, or misrepresent their identity, affiliation with a person or entity, past or present, or their current or previous positions and qualifications;
- are responsible for independently verifying the accuracy and completeness of all data, information and contents of the Twitter Search;
- cannot publicly represent or imply that FAO has sponsored, approved or endorsed the manner or purpose of their use of the Twitter Search.
- cannot, by any means, use or re-use the content available on the Twitter Search.
- FAO reserves the right to verify the user's eligibility to use the Twitter Semantic Search and the validity of any entry (including the user's identity and email address). FAO also reserves the right to remove any user who submits data that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. By registering through this form, users agree that their Personal or Contact Data may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Twitter Search and any other purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- FAO reserves the right at any time, to modify or discontinue the Twitter Search, temporarily or permanently, including any means of accessing or utilizing it, at its sole discretion with or without prior notice to users.
- FAO may at its sole discretion, under any circumstances, for any or no reason whatsoever and with or without prior notice to users, terminate any user's access to the Twitter Search, including to any means of accessing or utilizing it.
- FAO shall process the data collected and submitted to the Twitter Search and/or any Personal and Contact Data, in accordance with its rules, policies and practices, to the exclusion of any single national system of law.
Disclaimer and Liability
- The use of the Twitter Search may require the processing of Personal Data. FAO shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Twitter Search or the processing of information, including Personal Data, included or generated therein.
- Information available on the Twitter Search is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. FAO specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such information. Under no circumstances shall FAO be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of the Twitter Search, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the data, findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Twitter Search are those of the authors of the contents, and do not necessarily represent the views of FAO or its Member States. FAO does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of these data, findings, interpretations and conclusions or other information provided by any user of the Twitter Search or any other Third Party. Reliance upon any such data, findings, interpretations, conclusions, or other information shall also be at the user's own risk. Neither FAO, nor any of its employees, shall be liable to any user or anyone else for any misrepresentation, inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- The designations employed and the information on the Twitter Search do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or development status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The mention of specific companies or products of manufacturers, whether or not these have been patented, does not imply that these have been endorsed or recommended by FAO in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
- FAO shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from, directly or indirectly or connected to, the use of, reference to, or reliance on any content provided in the Twitter Search, including, but not limited to, any liability arising from any intentional or negligent misuse, errors, disclosure, undue transfer, loss or destruction of data that may occur.
- Links to other websites are provided for the user's convenience only and do not constitute endorsement by FAO of material at those sites, or any associated organization, product or service.
- Users are responsible for independently verifying the accuracy and completeness of all data, information and contents and bear the sole responsibility and risk for their access and use of the contents of Third Party information. The use of the Twitter Search is at the user's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall FAO or its employees be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if FAO has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Users specifically acknowledge and agree that FAO is not liable for any conduct of any user.
- As a condition of use of the Twitter Search, the user agrees to indemnify FAO and its employees from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of the user's use of the Twitter Search, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the user of these Terms and Conditions. If the user is dissatisfied with any material on the Twitter Search or with any of its Terms and Conditions, the user's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Twitter Search.
- FAO shall not be responsible for any entries that are not received due to internet or software failures.
Privileges and Immunities
- Nothing contained in or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a waiver, express or implied, of the privileges and immunities of FAO, or as its acceptance of applicability of any national laws, or of the jurisdiction of the courts of any country over disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions or any other document related thereto.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on this webpage, and will be available via the FAO website . By continuing to use the Twitter Search subsequent to FAO making available an amended version of these Terms and Conditions, users acknowledge, agree and consent to such amendment(s).
- By registering into this form, users confirm that they have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions, set out above.
Confirm that you agree to the terms in the form below, then provide name and email address to access the service.