8. Decision Rule: Specification of how pre-agreed management actions will respond to estimated or perceived states of nature.
9. Fishery Technology: The equipment and practices used for finding, harvesting, handling, processing and distributing aquatic resources and their products.
10. Genetically Modified Organism: An organism in which the genetic material has been altered anthropogenically by means of gene or cell technologies.
11. Genetically selected organism: An organism produced by selective breeding.
12. Introduced Species: Any species intentionally or accidentally transported and released by humans into an environment beyond its present range.
13. Management procedure: A description of the data to collect, how to analyze it, and how the analysis translates into actions.
14. Risk: The probability of something undesirable happening (note that when a technical definition in a decision theoretic framework is needed, it would be appropriate to use the terms expected loss or average forecasted loss, not risk)
15. States of Nature: A description of a condition and dynamics of the resource and the fishery including parameters such as stock abundance, age structure, fishing mortality, the economic condition of the industry and the state of the environment.
16. Statistical uncertainty: Stochasticity or error from various sources as described using statistical methodology.
17. Transferred species: Any species intentionally or accidentally transported and released by humans into an environment inside its present range.
18. Uncertainty: The incompleteness of knowledge about the state or processes of nature.