1. ANGOC, "People's Participation and Role of Non-Governmental Organizations with Particular Reference to Their Role in Development and the Availability of Financial Resources", Paper presented at the Seventh Governmental Consultation on Follow-up to WCARRD in Asia and the Pacific, Bangkok, 22-25 October 1991.
2. ANGOC, "Promoting Government/NGO/Donor Development Partnerships in the Philippines'" Report of the UNDP/FAO/ANGOC National Workshop on NGO Involvement in Grassroot Development, Tagaytay City, Philippines, 9-11 March 1989.
3. ANGOC, "Strategic Analysis of Development Partnerships in Asia", Report of a Regional Consultation on Canadian-Asian NGO Partnerships.
4. ANGOC, Project Formulation for People's Participation in Rural Development Activities: A GO-NGO National Workshop Report, 7-9 November 1990, Tagaytay, Philippines.
5. ANGOC, Consultation Proceedings of the Southeast Asia Regional Consultations on People's Participation in Environmentally Sustainable Development, 1990. (Volumes 1 and 2).
6. ANGOC, Selected Asian Experiences on People's Participation in the Follow-up to WCARRD, 1984. Volume 1.
7. ANGOC, Selected Asian Experiences in Participatory Research to Promote People's Participation in Rural Development, 1984. Volume 2.
8. ANGOC, Annual Reports 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991.
9. ANGOC, A Decade of Commitment (Report for the Decade 1979-89).
10. CODE-NGO, The Right to Development - Conference Report 1991.
11. FAO, The Peasant's Charter. The Declaration of Principles and Programme of Action of WCARRD. 1981.
12. FAO, Plan of Action for People's Participation in Rural Development, adopted at the Twenty-Sixth FAO Conference, 9-28 November 1991, Rome.
13. FAO, Report of the Asian Regional Government Consultation on the WCARRD Follow-Up: 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991.
14. Letter of Director Marietta S. Adriano, NEDA to Dr. D. L. Umali, Chairman of ANGOC dated 17 January 1992.
15. OECD, DEVELOPMENT COOPERATION -1991 Report: Efforts and Policies of the Members of the Development Assistance Committee, Paris, 1991.
16. Riker, James. "Improving the Policy Environment for NGO Functioning". Paper Prepared for the Joint Project on THE ROLE OF NGOS IN DEVELOPMENT of APDC and ANGOC, 1990.
In 1979 the FAO World Conference on Agrarian Reform and Rural
Development (WCARRD) adopted a Declaration of Principles and Programme of Action
called "The Peasant's Charter" which prioritizes growth with equity through
people's participation. This case-study describes FAO's strategic partnership
with the Asian NGO Coalition for Agrarian Reform and Rural Development (ANGOC)
in building and strengthening national networks of grassroots NGOs representing
the rural poor and in the promotion of a policy dialogue in rural development
involving governments, peoples' organizations and other non-governmental