* As approved by the Commission at its Twenty-sixth Session (Appendix E(b) of the Report of the Twenty-sixth Session of APFIC, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China, 24-30 September 1998, p. 32).The functions of the Ad hoc Working Group shall be:
1) To consider the implications for national and regional fishery statistical programmes in the Asia-Pacific region of the FAO Guidelines on Routine Capture Fishery Data Collection;
2) To provide advice on priorities for implementation by member countries in order to improve the quality of such statistics;
3) To consider how sample-survey data collection methodologies can be utilized to optimize data collection with limited financial and human resources;
4) To organize a consultation/workshop to promote common approaches and sustainable data collection systems in the region; and
5) To report and advise APFIC on the status and the needs for further strengthening of fishery statistical programmes in the region.