Hubertus FLADL, Stift Klosterneuburg, Klosterneuburg
Johannes LOSCHEK, Forstbetrieb Franz Mayr-Melnhof-Saurau, Frohnleiten, AUSTRIA
1. Development during last decades of wood harvesting and cable yarding systems, engagement of
- increasing importance of contractors instead of forest company workers;
- reasons for this development and consequences for forest companies, private forest owners and wood industry.
2. Legal framework for wood harvesting contractors
- harvesting contracts (examples):
- liability of contractor;
- quality of work and safety standards.
3. Work control and post-harvest assessment
- integration into planning and organizing process
- forest owners (companies) - contractors - wood customers (traders, wood industry);
- adaptation to changing conditions of wood markets;
- long term - short term cooperation;
- joint financing models, subsidies for machinery investments.
5. Education and training of operators (contractors)
- demonstration of a simulator (small model of a cable yarder directed by original steering unit);
- demonstration of a cable safety control system (Memoforce).
The respective Power Point-presentation can be found in the Annex.