Commission on Human Rights, Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food. 2002. The Right to Food, Report submitted in accordance with Commission on Human Rights Resolution 2001/25, 10 January 2002, E/CN.4/2002/58.
Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, General Comment 3. 1990. The Nature of States Parties Obligations, 14 December 1990.
Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. 1999. General Comment 12, The Right to Adequate Food, 12 May 1999, UN Doc. E/C.12/1999/5.
Eide, A. 1999. The Right to Adequate Food and to be Free from Hunger, 28 June 1999, E/CN.4/Sub.2/1999/12, updated study submitted to the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights under Resolutions 1997/107 and 1998/106.
FAO, 2000, The Right to Food in 2000 and Beyond, by W. Barth Eide, unpublished, Rome.
FAO, 1999. Extracts from International and Regional Instruments and Declarations, and Other Authoritative Texts Addressing the Right to Food, Legislative Study No. 68, Rome.
FAO, 1998. The Right to Food in Theory and Practice, Rome.
International Committee of the Red Cross, 1987. Commentary on the Additional Protocols of 8 June 1977 to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, Geneva, ICRC/Dordrecht, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers (available at www.icrc.org).
International Committee of the Red Cross, 1958. Commentary on the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, Vol. IV, Geneva (available at www.icrc.org).
Kracht, U. 1999. Human Rights and Humanitarian Law and Principles in Emergencies - An Overview of Concepts and Issues, Paper prepared for the UNICEF Regional Office for Eastern and Southern Africa, Nairobi.
Pejic, J. 2001. The Right to Food in Situations of Armed Conflict: The Legal Framework, International Review of the Red Cross, Vol. 83.
UNHCHR, 2000. The Right to Food, Report of the High Commissioner for Human Rights submitted in accordance with Commission resolution 1999/24, 13 January 2000, E/CN.4/2000/48, and 20 March 2000, E/CN.4/2000/48/Add. 1.
Windfuhr, M. 1998. Role of International Organizations in the Implementation of the Rights Related to Food and Nutrition, Second Expert Consultation on the Right to Adequate Food as a Human Right, Rome, 18-19 November 1998.
FAO LEGISLATIVE STUDIES
1. Wildlife and national park legislation in Asia, 1971 (E*)
2. Wildlife and national park legislation in Latin America, 1971 (E* S*)
3. Vicuna conservation legislation, 1971 (E* S*)
4. Legal systems for environment protection: Japan, Sweden, United States, 1973 (E*)
5. Agrarian law and judicial systems, 1975 (E* F* S*)
6. Agricultural credit legislation in selected developing countries, 1974 (E*)
7. An outline of food law, 1983 (E* F S*)
8. Legislación de aguas en América Central, Caribe y México - Vol. I, 1983 (S)
9. A legal and institutional framework for natural resources management, 1983 (E S)
10. Water law in selected European countries (Belgium, England and Wales, France, Israel, Italy, Spain, Turkey) - Vol. I, 1979 (E* F S*)
11. Fundamentos teóricos para una legislación tributaria en el sector agropecuario, 1976 (S*)
12. International food standards and national laws, 1976 (E F*)
13. Derecho agrario y desarrollo agrícola: estado actual y perspectivas en América Latina, 1978(S*)
14. Legal and institutional responses to growing water demand, 1977 (E* F* S*)
15. Systematic index of international water resources treaties, declarations, acts and cases by basin - Vol. I, 1978 (E/F/S*)
16. Seed legislation, 1980 (E F* S)
17. Water law in selected African countries, 1980 (E* F S)
18. Reforma agraria y desarrollo rural integrado, 1979(S*)
19. Water legislation in South American countries, 1983 (E* F S*)
20. Legislation on wildlife, hunting and protected areas in some European countries, 1980 (E* F *S*)
21. Coastal state requirements for foreign fishing has been replaced by FISHLEX database published in the FAO Legal Office home page: www.fao.org/Legal
22. Agricultural insurance legislation, 1981 (E* S*)
23. The law of international water resources, 1980 (E* F S)
24. Irrigation users organizations in the legislation and administration of certain Latin American countries, 1983 (E S)
25. Legislation on wildlife and protected areas in Africa, 1984 (EF)
26. The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea: impacts on tuna regulation, 1982 (E F)
27. Regional compendium of fisheries legislation - West Africa (CECAF Region), 1983(E/F*)
28. Plant protection legislation, 1984 (E* F S)
29. Legislation on foods for infants and small children, 1983 (E*)
30. Water law in selected European countries (Cyprus, Finland, the Netherlands, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, Yugoslavia) -Vol. II, 1983 (E)
31. The role of legislation in land use planning for developing countries, 1985 (E)
32. Agricultural census legislation, 1984 (E*)
33. Legislation on productivity in agriculture: a comparative outline, 1985 (E F S)
34. Systematic index of international water resources treaties, declarations, acts and cases by basin - Vol. II, 1984 (E/F/S*)
35. Regional compendium of fisheries legislation (Western Pacific Region) -Vols. I and II, 1984 (E)
36. Legislation controlling the international beef and veal trade, 1985 (E* F S)
37. La législation forestière au Cap-Vert, en Ethiopie, en Gambie, au Mali et en Mauritanie, au Niger, au Rwanda et au Sénégal, 1986 (F)
38. The environmental impact of economic incentives for agricultural production: a comparative law study, 1990 (E F S)
39. Propiedad, tenencia y redistribución de tierras en la legislación de América Central y México, 1986 (S)
40. International groundwater resources law, 1986 (EPS)
41. Land tenure systems and forest policy, 1987 (E F)
42. Regional compendium of fisheries legislation (Indian Ocean Region) - Vols I and II, 1987 (E)
43. Pesticide labelling legislation, 1988 (E F S)
44. La réforme du droit de la terre dans certains pays dAfrique francophone, 1987 (F)
45. Legal aspects of international joint ventures in agriculture, 1990 (E)
46. The freshwater-maritime interface: legal and institutional aspects, 1990 (E)
47. The regulation of driftnet fishing on the high seas: legal issues, 1991 (E F)
48. Les périmètres irrigués en droit compare africain (Madagascar, Maroc, Niger, Sénégal, Tunisie), 1992(F)
49. Analyse préliminaire de certains textes législatifs régissant laquaculture, 1993 (FS)
50. Treaties concerning the non-navigational uses of international watercourses -Europe, 1993 (E/F/S)
51. Pesticide registration legislation, 1995 (E F)
52. Preparating national regulations for water resources management, 1994 (E)
53. Evaluation des impacts sur lenvironnement pour un développement rural durable: étude juridique, 1994 (F)
54. Legislation governing food control and quality certification - The authorities and procedures, 1995 (E F)
55. Treaties concerning the non-navigational uses of international watercourses - Asia, 1995 (E/F)
56. Tendances dévolution des législations agrofroncières en Afrique francophone, 1996 (F)
57. Coastal State requirements for foreign fishing, 1996 (E), has been replaced by FISHLEX database published in the FAO Legal Office home page:www.fao.org/Legal
58. Readings in African customary water law, 1996 (E/F)
59. Cadre juridique de la sécurité alimentaire, 1996 (F)
60. Le foncier-environnement - Fondements juridico-institutionnels pour une gestion viable des ressources naturelles renouvelables au Sahel, 1997 (F)
61. Treaties concerning the non-navigational uses of international watercourses - Africa, 1997(E/F)
62. New principles of phytosanitary legislation, 1999 (EFS)
63. The burden of proof in natural resources legislation - Some critical issues for fisheries law, 1998 (E)
64. Política y legislación de aguas en el Istmo centroamericano - El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, 1998 (S)
65. Sources of international water law, 1998 (E)
66. Trends in Forestry Law in America and Asia, 1998 (EFS)
67. Issues in water law reform, 1999 (E)
68. Extracts from international and regional instruments and declarations, and other authoritative texts addressing the right to food, 1999 (E/F/S)
69. Élaboration des réglementations nationales de gestion des ressources en eau - Principes et pratiques, 1999 (F)
70. Water rights administration - Experience, issues and guidelines, 2001 (E)
71. Fisheries enforcement - Related legal and institutional issues: national, subregional or regional perspectives, 2001 (E)
72. Trends in forestry law in Europe and Africa, 2001 (E)
73. Law and sustainable development since Rio - Legal trends in agriculture and natural resource management, 2002 (E)
74. Legal trends in wildlife management, 2002 (E S)
75. Mountains and the law - Emerging trends, 2002 (E F)
76. Gender and law - Womens rights in agriculture, 2002 (E)
77. The right to adequate food in emergencies, 2003 (E)
Food and Agricultural Legislation (E/F/S) - A selection of significant and illustrative laws and regulations governing food and agriculture in FAO Member Nations has been replaced by the FAOLEX database published on the FAO Legal Office Web site: www.fao.org or directly at http://faolex.fao.org/faolex/
Availability: December 2002
Out of print
The FAO Technical Papers are available through the authorized FAO Sales Agents or directly from Sales and Marketing Group, FAO, Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00100 Rome, Italy.