7. Immediate actions
Participants expressed their commitment to following up the workshop and to promoting the dissemination and implementation of the conclusions within their own countries and networks (Annex 10).
- Participants expressed their commitment to preparing this policy brief and
distributing it widely both in their countries and at international and
regional levels, such as the World Forestry Congress in Quebec, SADC, ATO,
AFRONET, AFWC, ECOWAS/CILSS.
- Participants made a commitment to explore within their country the
possibility of repeating the workshop with broader multi-stakeholder
- Participants recommended that the national- and international-level
network mechanisms that improve access to and sharing of information and
experience on secondary forests be developed and strengthened.
- Document and validate local experience.
- Assess and review national-level policies and strategies as to their
relevance and impact on secondary forests as well as their responsible