(All amounts in US$ 000)
|Programme Entity||1998-99 Programme of Work||Programme Change||2000-01 Programme of Work||Percent of Total||Regional Office|
|126.96.36.199||Documents, Central Records and Communications User Services||13 155||(1 657)||11 498||26%||31%|
|188.8.131.52||Buildings Maintenance||18 161||601||18 762||42%||9%|
|184.108.40.206||Procurement||6 261||610||6 871||15%||12%|
|220.127.116.11||Security and Transport||6 343||411||6 754||15%||15%|
|18.104.22.168||Programme Management||1 637||(445)||1 192||3%||0%|
|Total (zero real growth)||45 557||(480)||45 077||100%||16%|
|Cost Increases (zero real growth)||417|
|Total (zero real growth - recosted)||45 494|
|Programme Change (zero nominal growth)||(192)|
|Total (zero nominal growth)||45 302|
772. This chapter covers the cost of the Administrative Services Division (AFS) at Headquarters, except for the Office of the Director, which is covered under programme management in Chapter 5, and similar costs for common services in the Regional and Sub-regional Offices.
773. The reduction in resources is largely due to the completion of the transfer of the telecommunications functions from AFS to the Information Systems and Technology Division (AFI). However, there are counter-balancing increases in the provisions for Regional Offices due to upgrades in telecommunications infrastructure. Although work under the various components has been strengthened where possible, the budgetary provision for major maintenance works remains tight. Reliance continues to be placed extensively on the support of the Italian Government in accordance with the Host Country Agreement, and on governmental and corporate donors.
774. Sub-programme 22.214.171.124 covers mail, diplomatic pouch, document distribution and archives, with activities undertaken by a consolidated mail and distribution unit that will be capable of providing a more integrated service to the Organization. The transfer of the telecommunications function from AFS to AFI largely accounts for the reduction under this sub-programme.
775. As a first priority, the Buildings Maintenance Sub-programme (126.96.36.199) is to cover the cost of utilities and on-going maintenance requirements including cleaning, renovation and refurbishment. It also includes one-off major maintenance for the buildings and for ancillary technical installations. The Organization, in consequence of host country and Members' contributions, has managed to attract substantial extra-budgetary resources to support infrastructure improvements.
776. The Procurement Service in AFS (188.8.131.52) uses purchasing or contract instruments for national and international tendering and related procurement activities for both the regular and field programmes. Procurement activities have expanded and a high level of activities is expected to be maintained, earning important extra-budgetary revenues for the Organization.
777. The Sub-programme on Security and Transport (184.108.40.206) covers the protection of people, property and premises at Headquarters, and related coordination with government authorities. It also includes fire prevention, and local official transport.
Proposed Activities for 2000-01
778. Main planned actions include:
779. As evidenced above, the chapter covers a wide range of essential services to the Organization. It has managed to attract significant extra-budgetary resources. Resource limitations and greater utility consumption limit the scope for further improvement and expansion of activities.
|2000-01 Estimates by Funding Source, Unit and Region (US$ 000)|
|Funding Source||Organizational Unit||Region|
|Programme of Work||AFIP||1 084||0||1 084||Global||38 999|
|Regular Programme||40 782||AFS||36 915||1 000||37 915||Inter Regional||0|
|Credits for AOS||3 435||RAF||1 353||0||1 353||Africa||1 801|
|OSRO Charges for Procurement||400||RAP||2 056||0||2 056||Asia and Pacific||2 158|
|WFP payments - Non-technical||460||RLC||1 296||1 000||2 296||Near East||1 488|
|Programme of Work||45 077||RNE||1 322||0||1 322||Europe||129|
|Trust Fund Activities||SAFR||448||0||448||Latin America||2 502|
|Trust Funds||2 000||SAPA||102||0||102|
|Trust Fund Activities||2 000||SEUR||129||0||129|
|Programme 6.0.0 Total||47 077||45 077||2 000||47 077||47 077|