Rome, 2 - 13 November 2001
MULTILATERAL TREATIES DEPOSITED WITH THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL
(Status as at 5 November 2001)
1. After the issuance of Document C 2001/INF/17, the following developments have taken place up to 5 November 2001.
International Plant Protection Convention
2. On 2 October 2001 and 22 October 2001, the Governments of the United States of America and Canada, respectively, deposited an instrument of acceptance of the New Revised Text of the Convention.
Amendments to the Agreement for the Establishment of a Commission for Controlling the Desert Locust in the Eastern Region of its Distribution Area in South-West Asia
3. At its Hundred and Twenty-first Session, the FAO Council adopted amendments to the Agreement, now renamed "Agreement for the Establishment of an FAO Commission for Controllling the Desert Locust in South-West Asia".
Agreement for the Establishment of a Commission for Controlling the Desert Locust in the Western Region
4. On 30 October 2001, the Government of the Republic of Niger deposited an instrument of acceptance of the Agreement.
International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture
5. On 2 November 2001, the FAO Conference adopted the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture pursuant to Article XIV of the FAO Constitution. The Treaty is open for signature at FAO Headquaters until 4 November 2002.
Centre for Marketing Information and Advisory Services for Fishery Products in Latin America and the Caribbean
6. On 26 September 2001, the Government of Costa Rica deposited a notification of withdrawal from the Centre. Withdawal shall take effect one year after the date of reception by the Director-General of the written notice, i.e. on 26 September 2002.
Agreement for the Establishment of the International Organisation for the Development of Fisheries in Eastern and Central Europe
7. On 12 October 2001, the Ambassador of Romania to FAO, on behalf of his Government, signed definitively the Agreement, which made it possible for the Agreement to enter into force on the same date.