1. The Forty-Seventh Session of the Council was held in Rome from 17–28 October 1966 under the Chairmanship of M. Gemayel.
2. F. Shefrin (Canada) and El Hadj M. Fall (Senegal) were elected respectively First Vice-Chairman and Second Vice-Chairman.
3. The Agenda of the Session as adopted is set out in Appendix A to this report.
4. The Council requested its Chairman to extend the condolences of the Council Members to the Government of Peru for the recent earthquake disaster suffered by the country. The Council observed a brief of silence.
5. The Council also asked the Director-General of FAO and the Executive Director of the WFP to consider what emergency and long-term assistance could be provided.
6. The Council requested the Delegate of the United Kingdom to express its sympathy to those who had suffered in the disaster in Wales, and observed a brief period of silence to honor the dead.