84. The Independent Chairman of the Council briefly recalled the decisions of the Eighteenth Session of the Conference and of the Sixty-Eighth Session of the Council which had led to the establishment of the Working Party on the Composition and Terms of Reference of the Council, Programme Committee, Finance Committee and CCLM. The Chairman also gave a short progress report on the work achieved to date by the Working Party and on its future work schedule.
85. Some members drew attention to the desirability of submitting to the Working Party at its next session immediately following the Council an appraisal of the decisions reached by the Council at its present session inasmuch as they could affect the programme of work of the Working Party. The Council in this connexion was gratified that the Director-General would address this session of the Working Party on these points.
86. The Council noted the work schedule and stressed the desirability for the Working Party to focus on means to achieve a better functioning of the Council itself, the Programme Committee, the Finance Committee and the CCLM in the light of the evolution of the structures of the Organization and its needs.
87. The Council noted that the Working Party would report to the Seventieth Session of the Council in November 1976, which would decide on any action required prior to the Nineteenth Session of the Conference.
1 CL 69/INF/8, CL 69/PV/6, CL 69/PV/9.
88. The Council decided that its Seventieth Session should be convened in Rome from 29 November to 10 December 1976.
2 CL 69/PV/6.