1. The Sixty-Fourth Session of the Council was held in Rome from 18 to 29 November 1974, under the Chairmanship of G. Bula Hoyos.
2. The Agenda of the Session as adopted is set out in Appendix A to this report. The Council decided to establish a Committee-of-the-Whole to deal with some of the items 2 on the Agenda.
3. The Council elected R.S. Swift (Australia) as First Vice-Chairman and L. Lapeby (Gabon) as Second Vice-Chairman. R.S. Swift would also act as Chairman of the Committee-of-the-Whole.
4. The Council elected K. Prasad (India) as Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Plenary, and the following as members: Argentina, Canada, Congo, Italy, Sudan and Thailand.
5. The Council elected G. Weill (France) as Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Committee-of-the-Whole, and the following as members: Denmark, Indonesia, Iran, Lesotho, Peru and the United States of America.
6. The Council heard an introductory statement by the Director-General, the text of which is contained in Appendix D to this report.
7. The Council paid tribute to U Thant, Secretary-General of the United Nations from 1961 to 1971, who had died in New York on 25 November 1974, and observed one minute's silence.
8. The Council paid tribute to Robert Doty, Chief, Press Branch, FAO Information Division, who had died in Rome on 26 November 1974.
1 CL 64/1, CL 64/1(a), CL 64/INF/1, CL 64/PV/1.
2 See Appendix A.
3 CL 64/PV/1, CL 64/PV/3.
4 CL 64/INF/6, CL 64/INF/6-Corr.1, CL 64/PV/1, CL 64/PV/2.
5 CL 64/PV/13.
6 CL 64/PV/15.