Technical Committee Meeting
1-5 February 2004
I. INTRODUCTORY ITEMS
1. Opening Ceremony
2. Election of Chairperson, Vice-Chairpersons and Appointment of the Rapporteur
3. Adoption of the Agenda and Timetable
II. SELECTED ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
4. Follow-up to the WFS and the WFS:fyl - Regional Dimensions.
5. Implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) of NEPAD:
i. Progress Review:
On-going national and Regional Economic Community programmes.
The Maputo Declarations of Ministers for Agriculture and Heads of State and Government.
- The Commitment on budgetary resources and the need for 5-year medium term programmes and associated Law Programmes on agriculture and food security.
ii. The Initiative to Review and Update National Agricultural, Rural Development and Food Security Strategies and Policies.
iii. Integration of Forestry, Fisheries and Livestock issues in the CAADP.
iv. Implications of fertilizers production and use in Africa.
v. Establishment of Regional Food Security Reserve Systems in Africa.
6. Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) for Food Security in Africa
7. Contribution of Agricultural Research and Extension to Food Security and Poverty Reduction in the African Region
8. The Bushmeat Crisis in Africa: Conciliating Food Security and Biodiversity Conservation in the Continent
9. HIV/AIDS and the Food Crisis in Sub-Saharan Africa
10. International Year of Rice - 2004
11. FAO Strategic Framework for Bridging the Rural Digital Divide
III. OTHER MATTERS
IV. CONCLUDING ITEMS
12. Adoption of the Report of the Technical Committee
13. Closure of the Technical Committee Meeting