1. The Seventy-Second Session of the Council was held in Rome from 8 to 11 November 1977 under the Chairmanship of G. Bula Hoyos, Independent Chairman of the Council.
2. The Agenda of the Session as adopted is given in Appendix A to this report.
3. The Council elected Doña Guadalupe Rivera Marin de Iturbe (Mexico) as First Vice-Chairman of the Council, and Gerrit de Bakker (Netherlands) as Second Vice-Chairman.
4. The Council elected Quazi Habidul Haque (Bangladesh) as Chairman of the Drafting Committee and the following as members: Brazil, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, New Zealand,Philippines, Tunisia, United States of America.
5. The Council expressed its very deep appreciation and gratitude to G. Bula Hoyos, whose term of office as Independent Chairman of the Council was coming to its end. G. Bula Hoyos had fulfilled his duties with outstanding tact and diplomacy and his cooperative attitude in dealing with the Council Members had made him an ideal Chairman. His departure from this important post was unanimously regretted.
6. At the end of its Session, the Council expressed its gratitude to R.W. Phillips who, as Chairman of the Programme Committee, had rendered invaluable service to the Organization. Mr. Phillips' term of office was also coming to an end.
1 CL 72/1; CL 72/1(a); CL 72/INF/1; CL 72/PV/1 ; CL 72/PV/7;
2 CL 72/PV/1; CL 72/PV/3; CL 72/PV/7,
3 CL 72/PV/6;