205. The Council noted that the Committee had considered the constitutional and legal apects of the Proposed Modifications of the Special Reserve Account of the Regular Programme, the substantive discussion of which was reflected in paras 184 - 192 of this report.
206. The Council was informed that Bhutan had applied for membership in the Organization.
207. Pending a decision by the Conference on this application, the Council, acting in pursuance of Rule XXV-11 GRO and paras B-1, B-2 and B-5 of the "Statement pf Principles on the Granting of Observer Status to Nations", authorized the Director-General to invite Bhutan to participate in an observer capacity at appropriate Council meetings, as well as at regional and technical meetings of the Organization of interest to it,
208. The Council took note of the invitations issued by the Director-General on request to non-Member Nations to attend FAO sessions in accordance with Paragraphs B-1 and B-2 of the "Statements of Principles relating to the Granting of Observer Status to Nations"4
209. In accordance with Rule XXVI-4(a) of the General Rules of the Organization (GRO), the Council was informed pf the qualifications and experience of the substitute representative on the Programme Committee of the Government of the Sudan.
210. In accordance with Rule XXVIl-4(a) of the General Rules of the Organization (GRO), the Council was informed of the qualifications and experience of the substitute representative on the Finance Committee of the Government of Tanzania.
1 CL 79/5; CL 79/PV/17
2 CL 79/PV/1; CL 79/PV/16
3 CL 79/LIM/2; CL 79/PV/15; CL 79/PV/17
4 See Basic Texts, Volume II, Section L (Appendix)
5 CL 79/INF/9;CL 79/PV/15; CL 79/PV/17