6. In conformity with the General Rules of the Organization, the Council elected the following Programme Committee for the period November 1985 to November 1987:
|Members:||Argentina||(CO. Keller Sarmiento)|
|Libya||(B. El-Mabrouk Said)|
|United States of America||(Ms M.H. Fenwick)|
7. In conformity with the General Rules of the Organization, the Council elected the following Finance Committee for the period November 1985 to November 1987:
|Chairman:||Saudi Arabia||(A.Y. Bukhari)|
|Costa Rica||(C. di Mottola Balestra)|
|Germany, Federal Republic of||(G. Graf von Westphalen)|
8. Following the election of the three Finance Committee members for the regions of Europe, North America and Southwest Pacific, one member, noting that North America would not be represented on the Committee for the period November 1985-November 1987, raised the question whether Rule XXVII-3(c)(ii), should be interpreted in such a way as to make it permissible for any one of the three regions not to be represented, when there was at least one candidate from each of those regions. After discussion, the Director-General indicated that if so agreed, he would be willing to facilitate the transmittal of information and documentation to the Member Nations from the region which was not represented on the Finance Committee during the biennium. The Council welcomed this and also the Director-General's suggestion that the CCLM examine those parts of Rules XXVI and XXVII of the General Rules of the Organization (GRO) that related to the election of members of the Programme and Finance Committees.
9. Accordingly, the Council requested the CCLM to examine the relevant parts of Rule XXVI and Rule XXVII GRO and to report its findings, including the texts of possible amendments to the Rules that would clarify the question of regional representation on both Committees, to its Session in November 1986.
10. In conformity with the General Rules of the Organization, the Council elected the following seven Member Nations to membership of the Committee on Constitutional and Legal Matters for the period November 1985 to November 1987:
|Philippines||United States of America|
1 CL 89/2; CL 89/LIM/l; CL 89/LIM/l-Sup.1; CL 89/PV/l.
2 CL 89/2; CL 89/LIM/2; CL 89/PV/l.