12. The Council approved the calendar of sessions for 1986-87 of the Council and of those Bodies which report to it, as given in Appendix D to this Report.
13. The Council adopted the following resolution:
APPOINTMENT OF DECLAN J. WALTON TO THE
OFFICE OF DEPUTY DIRECTOR-GENERAL
Noting the decision of the Director-General to appoint Declan J. Walton to fill the vacancy created by the forthcoming retirement of Edward M. West, and
Being aware of Declan J. Walton's wide experience and familiarity with the affairs and activities of the Organization:
14. The Council noted the decision of the Twenty-third Conference Session to amend Rule XXV-6 of the General Rules of the Organization (GRO) to permit the travel expenses of any one member of a delegation representing a Member of the Council at Council sessions, to be borne by the Organization. It also noted that the Conference had invited the Council to amend Rule VII-2 of its Rules of Procedure, in the way recommended by the Committee on Constitutional and Legal Matters, in order to bring that provision in line with the amendment to Rule XXV-6 GRO.
15. The Council therefore decided to amend Rule VII-2 of its Rules of Procedure as follows (additions underlined):
"The respective governments shall be responsible for allowances of their representatives while in attendance at the meeting and, subject to Rule XXV-6 of the General Rules of the Organization, shall also be responsible for all travel and other expenses incurred by representatives, alternates, associates and advisers".
16. In accordance with paragraphs B-l and B-2 of the "Statement of Principles relating to the Granting of Observer Status to Nations", the Council agreed to the request made by the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics to send an observer to the following technical meetings of the Organization:
17. The Council decided that its Ninetieth Session should be convened in Rome from 17 to 28 November 1986.
1 CL 89/6-Rev.l; CL 89/PV/l.
2 CL 89/LIM/5; CL 89/PV/l.
3 CL 89/LIM/6; CL 89/PV/l.
4 CL 89/5; CL 89/PV/1.
5 CL 89/6-Rev.1; CL 89/PV/1.