|FC 92/1 Add. 1 |
Rome, 3 - 7 May 1999
Provisional Annotated Agenda
1. Adoption of Agenda and Timetable (docs. FC 92/1, FC 92/1 Add.1, FC 92/INF/1) for decision
In accordance with the internal working procedures, the Provisional Timetable provides for discussion at the beginning of the meeting of those items on which the Committee is required to make decisions or recommendations to the Council.
2. FAO Strategic Framework 2000-2015 (Version 3.0) (doc. CL 116/12) for discussion
This paper arises from Conference Resolution 6/97 "Strengthening the FAO 2000 Project" and is the third draft of the Strategic Framework 2000-2015. The same version of the draft will be considered by the Council in June 1999 following which a revised version will be produced for the next stage of review by Member Nations.
3. Summary Programme of Work and Budget 2000-2001 (doc. CL 116/3) for discussion
In accordance with General Rules XXVII 7(a) and XXVIII the Committee will review the Summary of the Director-General's proposals for the Programme of Work and Budget for 2000-2001. It is expected that the Finance Committee will consider the financial aspects of the Summary Programme of Work and Budget, such as financial framework, budgetary framework (including cost increases, impact of exchange rates, lapse factor, etc.), Chapters 5 and 6, without concerning itself with the merits of the Programme. The comments of the Committee will be forwarded to the Council together with those of the Programme Committee.
4. Annual Report of Budgetary Performance and Programme and Budgetary Transfers (doc. FC 92/4) for discussion
In accordance with Financial Regulation 4.6(b) the Committee will receive, for its review, the Report of Budgetary Performance for 1998. Any comments the Committee may wish to make will be submitted to the Council at its forthcoming session. The Annual Report is appended to the Report of the Committee.
5. Financial Position of the Organization
a) Financial Position as at 28 February 1999 (doc. FC 92/5(a)): for discussion
The Committee will receive a report on the Financial Position of the Organization as at 28 February 1999. This report will contain information on the collection of assessed contributions and obligations incurred in the implementation of the appropriation for 1998-99. At the session the Committee will receive a further working paper providing updated information.
b) FAO Interim Accounts 1998 (doc. FC 92/5(b)) for discussion
The Committee will be informed of the financial out-turn at the close of the first year of the 1998-99 biennium.
c) Report on Investments (doc. FC 92/5(c)) for discussion
i) Regular Programme and Trust Funds
ii) Compensation Plan Reserve Fund
iii) Separation Payments Scheme
In accordance with Financial Regulation 9.2 and General Rule XXVII 7(i), the Committee will receive reports on investments currently held in respect of the above-referenced funds for its information.
6. Progress Report on Implementation of the External Auditor's Recommendations (doc. FC 92/6) for discussion
The Committee will be informed of actions taken in respect of recommendations made by the External Auditor in his report on the 1996-97 accounts.
7. Scale of Contributions 2000-2001 (doc. FC 92/7) for discussion
In accordance with General Rule XXVII 7(j) the Committee will review the proposed scale of contributions to be applied for the 2000-2001 biennium and make recommendations as appropriate to the Council, including submission of a draft Conference Resolution.
8. Changes in Salary Scales and Allowances (doc. FC 92/8) for information
The Committee will be informed of those changes in salaries and allowances that have taken place since the last session
9. Annual Reports of the ICSC and UN Joint Staff Pension Board to the General Assembly, and Summary of the Decisions Taken (doc. FC 92/9) for information
In accordance with standard practice, the Committee will be informed of any developments which took place at the General Assembly which are of interest to this Organization.
10. Improvements in the FAO Recruitment Process (doc. FC 92/10) for information
In response to concerns expressed by the Committee regarding delays in the recruitment process, information will be provided on measures taken by FAO to reduce the recruitment time for professional posts.
11. 1998 Annual Activity Report of the Office of Inspector-General (doc. FC 92/11) for information
In accordance with the practice established at the 87th Session, this report will be provided to the members of the Finance Committee for their information.
12. Change in the Quota Distribution System of Information Products (doc. JM 99/2) for discussion
The Committee will receive a proposal for a change in the quota distribution system of information products.
13. Review of FAO Language Policy (doc. PC 81/6-FC 92/13) for discussion
In response to the request of the Council at its 115th Session, the Committee will be provided with a report on the policy and practices related to the use of languages in the Organization.
14. Headquarters Accommodation (no document) for information
Further to its discussions at the 89th and 90th Sessions, the Committee will be provided with an oral update on recent developments relating to Headquarters Accommodation.
15. UN Joint Inspection Unit Reports for information
a) More Coherence for Enhanced Oversight in the United Nations system (JIU/REP/98/2) - together with the Comments of the Director-General and of the ACC (doc. CL 116/INF/11)
b) Fellowships in the United Nations System (JIU/REP/98/1)
The above documents will be provided to the Committee for information and any comments it may wish to make to the Council.
16. WFP Report of Budgetary Performance 1998 (doc. FC 92/16) for discussion
In accordance with WFP General Regulation 29(d), the Committee will receive a report on the budgetary performance for 1998, for its review and any comments it may wish to make to the Executive Board.
17. WFP Strategic and Financial Plan (doc. FC 92/17) for discussion
In accordance with WFP General Regulation 30 and Financial Regulation 6.2, the Committee will review the strategic and financial plan proposed by the Executive Director for the 2000-2001 Biennium. Any comments the Committee wishes to make will be submitted to the Executive Board.
18. Working Methods of the Finance Committee (no document)
In accordance with the standard practice of the Committee, members will be given an opportunity to comment on the functioning of the session and to make suggestions for future improvements.
19. Date and place of Ninety-third Session
The Committee will be informed of arrangements for its next session.
20. Any other Matters