Rome, 13 - 17 September 1999
European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease - Budget For 2000-2001
1. The European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease held its Thirty-third Session in Rome from 7 to 9 April 1999.
2. The Secretary tabled detailed statements, including expenditure for 1997 and 1998, for the Commission's Trust Fund 904200 MTF/INT/011/MUL; the cash balance of the Trust Fund at 31 December 1998 was US$165,612.
3. Contributions from member countries to Trust Fund MTF/INT/011/MUL for the calendar year 1998 amounted to US$337,940; this included some arrears and advance contributions for the calendar year 1999 from Denmark and Norway. Of the 33 member countries, all but 4 were up-to-date in their payments for 1998.
4. The proposed budgets for 2000-2001 are attached hereto. The 2001 budget is an estimate as it has not been submitted to the Thirty-third Session of the Commission. It will be discussed by the Sixty-third and Sixty-fourth Sessions of the Executive Committee and submitted to the Thirty-fourth General Session in April 2001.
5. The Organization through its Regular Programme (RP) contributes in kind to the activities of the Commission by providing premises for the secretariat, fax and telephone facilities and as and when required the services of responsible officials with regard to financial matters. The estimate for the RP input to the activities of the Commission is US$50,000 for the period under review.
TF 904200 MTF/INT/011/MUL -
European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
|Proposed budget (US$)|
|1300 Admin. Asst.||86,328||88,485|
|Overtime (34th Sess.)||-||1,500|
|Support staff (34th Sess.)||-||15,000|
|2000 duty travel, Sec. & NSTs||30,000||31,200|
|Annual contribution to WRL||35,000||35,000|
|Collab. Lab Study||11,200||8,500|
|4000 general operating expenses||1,000||147|
|5000 expendable equipment||3,750||
|*includes projected cost increase of 2 ½% on salaries and 4% on travel|