Participate in the Data Driven Farming Prize - Deadline 6 April
Feed the Future has launched the Data Driven Farming Prize, looking for tools and approaches that source, analyse and translate data into actionable, timely and context-specific information for smallholder farmers to improve value from agricultural productivity.
In particular the data driven solutions will be tested in Nepal, and should be able to meet one or more of the following outcomes:
- Produce timely and context specific insight for improving the production of rice, other cereals and vegetables in Nepal.
- Support a more sustainable use of Nepal’s natural resources (i.e. increase biodiversity, use water more sustainably, improve use of land).
- Enable the market by providing inputs, extension services, and connections which support farmers in a sustainable way in Nepal.
- Improve influence and application of agricultural products in Nepal (i.e. better use of fertilizer, generation of quality seeds).
- Generate timely and actionable information to manage Nepal’s agricultural productivity risks due to weather emergency
For more information visit the Data Driven Farming Prize website.
Feed the Future is an initiative from the U.S. Government to combat global hunger and poverty. The initiative works to give families and communities in some of the world’s poorest countries the freedom and opportunity to lift themselves out of destitution. By equipping people with the knowledge and tools to feed themselves, we are addressing the root causes of poverty and hunger, helping people end their reliance on aid, and creating important opportunities for a new generation of young people, while building a more stable world.
Picture: Screenshot website Data Driven Farming Prize